4.8.10

I L O V E C A N A D A

The perfect escape is not always far away. Eh? The family and I just returned from a long weekend in Vancouver, Canada. My Mom and I stayed in Victoria while the boys fished further north on Vancouver Island along the Campbell River. More refreshing than the scenery were the people. Friendly, helpful, and proud of their picturesque homeland. My favorite stop was our morning at the Butchart Gardens--reminiscent of a manicured Wonderland with varieties of plants I've never seen in my life. We also toured the city by horse-drawn buggy and visited the Natural History Museum stocked with towering totems that force you to crane your neck. We had high tea at the Empress hotel and bicycled through Beacon Hill Park where you have to watch out for rogue peacocks. Toward the end of our trip we changed locations from the whimsical Victoria to the clean, green granite machine that is the city of Vancouver. The harbors and waterways were lined with dozens and dozens of blue-green glass buildings. The effect of so many glass structures together was gorgeous, reflecting the mood of the sky and the surrounding tree line.

No comments:

Post a Comment