4.12.10

G O O D . G I F T


My cause-centric friend Allison inspired me to enter a contest for GOOD magazine. They're promoting Mercy Corp's Alternative Gift Giving Site by asking designers to create a poster promoting alternative holiday gifts. Mercy Corp's site details a variety of gifts you can give in the developing world that really make a difference in people's lives. I was totally inspired by this site and decided to pitch two posters into the ring. More importantly though, I encourage you to check out this site. It's both heart wrenching and empowering to know that giving a family a goat for $70 can make a huge difference in their food supply and nutritional health. If you're list doesn't have a lot of checks yet, consider giving the people who have everything the power to change something.

No comments:

Post a Comment