17.1.11

T H E . N E W . O L D . F A S H I O N E D

Until recently, I didn't know about the modern wedding trend of hand-drawn or watercolored maps to accompany wedding invitations or save-the-dates. It seems like an old-fashioned approach in a world where everybody has photoshop and access to "decorative" typefaces courtesy of sites like Dafont.com. I think it's interesting that today's bright-eyed brides and grooms gravitate towards something so analog and personal for their big day. A friend of a friend hit me up to do one for her wedding, and I had a blast. Maps are interesting already, but one that combines the places you and your significant other have made memories over the years is even more so. So, while I've never been there yet, here's Boston illustrated by me and envisioned by a young couple who'll get married at the Four Seasons there in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment