1.5.11

C A R M E L A ' S . D I V I N E


Aside from my ordinary obsession with ice cream, Brynn and I have been doing lots of research for a project at work. Friday night, Eric took me for an after dinner treat to a place he discovered in Altadena. Carmela's ice cream is heavenly. Their menu included flavors like Guinness (yes, beer flavored ice cream), Lavender honey (which tasted like heaven...that's my best comparison), strawberry buttermilk, and espresoo (made with Intelligentsia beans, #hipsterpoints). The best part was, the owner encouraged us to try everything, and he was so enthusiastic about every flavor--a regular Wonka. The homemade waffle cookie was buttery and perfect for nibbling between bites of what I feel comfortable calling dream cream. Check them out at the South Pasadena farmer's market or make the drive to their parlor on Washington boulevard.

No comments:

Post a Comment